Book Now  Specials
"BIG BOAT" - up to 36 people
COVID-19 Statement

COVID-19

Just as you, we are greatly concerned with the current situation. Your health, the health of our staff and related vendors, and the public health are our primary concerns.

Though we will continue to accept reservations for summer 2020, for your safety as well as ours, charters will ONLY take place if public gatherings are allowed by the State and City of Chicago.

The Harbors are tentatively scheduled to be open for some time in June, but apparently the date is top secret. The Governor has some rules (based on science and data?) about how many people can be in a boat, and we have no idea if the mayor will make these more restrictive.

JUNE Reservations:

In anticipation of these June limitations, and based on the fact that there must be a captain on board, reservations will be accepted for your group size as follows:

POWER BOATS (NUMBER of people IN YOUR GROUP) :

  • 9 total people if two or more of the people are under tha age of 17
  • 7 adults
  • Yes, believe it or not, these are the current rules that have been set out (apparently according to science and data???)

SAILBOATS (NUMBER of people IN YOUR GROUP) :

  • 8 total people if two or more of the people are under the age of 17
  • 7 adults
  • Yes, believe it or not, these are the current rules that have been set out (apparently according to science and data???)

Refund Policy

For all reservations made after March 21, 2020 (the date that the stay at home order was decreed):

Should we cancel your reservation due to social distancing, you will receive a refund minus 1.75% (half the credit card fees we incur on a refund).

  • 14 days PRIOR to your charter (30 days for Big Boat since these are larger group sizes), if Social Distancing on that day which applies to your reservation size is required by Chicago, or Illinois, and is ALSO not scheduled to end prior to your charter, we will ask if you wish to cancel the charter at that point or wait to see if conditions change.
    So if you have a reservation for June 28, on June 14, if social distancing is currently in effect (on Jun 14), and it is not been determined that it will end prior to your charter, we will see if you wish to cancel the charter or wait to see what develops. This decision is made 14 days in advance, not before then.
  • If social distancing requirements resume, or increased in a way that applies to your reservation size 14 days or less prior to your charter (30 days for Big Boat), we will cancel the reservation.
  • Reservations cancellation decisions in regards to Covid-19 are made 14 days (30 days for Big Boat) in advance of the charter.

Looking forward …

Try to picture a warm sunny day, a breeze of 10 knots, as you enjoy the day on a sailboat with the skyline in the background… free from the the tight grip of our ruling class overlords… It’s out there, and hopefully sooner than we are lead to believe.

Stay well,
Marty Seitzinger